Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'd like to be a turtle one day.

They've got it all figured out.

Sometimes I want my own little shell, my own little hiding spot where I can feel invincible to the outside. I can just imagine the inside of my shell... it'd be decked out with a disco ball, some funky decor... oh yeah. The walls of it would echo off the noise of me singing and thinking. It'd be my world, my space, my private vacation from all that wants to harm me.

But, just in case you haven't noticed, I'm not a turtle. I'm a human, I'm a girl, I have emotions, I have problems and I am vulnerable. Sometimes it gets overwhelming to sort through the amount of negative circumstances that have become the mess in my closet o' life. These different things sometimes seem to cause me to short-circuit. I start to get upset and scared and frustrated, I don't function like I should. My mouth begins to run and words come out that I truly didn't mean. My brain gets going and I drive myself mad thinking of all the things that could go wrong. My heart, in it's fragile state, starts running itself into things and causing the cracks to run just a little bit deeper. I want a shell, I don't want to be out here. It's a minefield.

Yet, there is a huge negative to my whole shell theory. If one were to constantly reside in that shell, oblivious to both the dangers and the wonders that are outside, they would never see the sun. They would never see the hope that rolls in right as the storm passes. It's a big scary world outside my little disco-mania of a turtle but, it's God world and I'm God's little turtle-ginger hybrid. He's got it all figured out. He's my shell. 


As my mother would say, "hope springs eternal". If we have faith that God is God and we are not, if we have faith that he gets it and we don't, our shell seems less appealing. As much as I'd love to boogie down in my own little turtle home, if I use this struggling to pull me towards to Father, He has a shiny, heavenly shell that will waiting just for me.
God is God and I'm not. He gets it when I don't.


Later bro,
Kyls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment