Sunday, March 6, 2011

"I get by, with a little help from my friends."

I am currently lying on the couch, wrapped up in the warmth of my favorite purple and zebra print blanket. My favorite movie, Hercules, is playing on my TV screen. This relaxing scene is the result of a horrible sore throat and a nasty little sickness.

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster - one that would probably be banned in most countries.

Monday and Tuesday were the two worst days of this week. At this point, my relationship with my boyfriend of 9 months was up in the air. Also, during this time, I was preparing my testimony that I would be sharing, which included the aggressive relationship I was in and my struggle with self-harm. Wednesday, I entered the Fellowship Hall at the youth group (which is also the lunch at my school), saw my "kinda" boyfriend and walked straight back out in tears. After being consoled by my good friend Rodney, Brett Dayton (our youth pastor) took me aside and prayed for me and gave me the much needed pep talk.

My testimony actually went really well, the feedback I received was positive, and a young girl even admitted to having a similar issue with self harm. Also, that night, we had a guest worship leader, who happened to be one of the most inspiring I have ever met. That night was a blessing in disguise for me. After the evening's events, my boyfriend came over and we were finally able to talk about everything in person and that marked the official end of our relationship.

I was, obviously, upset but, at the same time, I was blessed with a sense of peace about it all knowing that we both made the right decision for both of us. It was a mutual and clean break and we both are fine. My friends were very supportive and sweet, and for that, I am so grateful. Now, I am fine. I'm honestly happy. He and I will be friends soon and I am very thankful for the relationship we shared. The next few days were spent purposefully busy and also, planning for my birthday party, which was that Friday.

Friday marked my 17th birthday and that evening, my mom, my brother, Christina Lynn helped with all the details and that evening, we pulled off a successful and very fun birthday party. I was blessed with the company of great friends, great fun, a bunch of glowsticks, tasty food, music, and some awesome gifts. I am so thankful for the supportive, loving and hilarious friends that I have. They are the reason that I can say that, despite everything, I am happy. They are the ones that talked with me as I was at a loss of what to do. They are the ones that helped me welcome a whole new year and whole new chapter in my life. <3
(Just some of the amazing people God's blessed me with<3)
With that being said, I will return back to my movie and my cough drops. To my dear friends, I love you. A lot. Thank you everyone, for everything.

Later bro,
Kyls. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing better emotionally, sorry you're sick tho :) Get better soon!
    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your testimony went well. I know that your testimony last year inspired me to seek help and resolve my problem with self harm. Happy Belated birthday an I'm glad to hear that you had a fun birthday. I'll be praying for you Kylie. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete