Monday, February 21, 2011

I will always love boy bands.

I really will.


My weekend was odd, and in a way, I'm happy it's over. Saturday morning I hopped out of bed bright and early and made my way over to my school choir room. Entering the room full of groggy, unexcited singers, I knew it was going to be a loooong day. We all piled in various cars and headed down to Whittier Christian High School for an extra Musicale rehearsal with a few other schools. It was probably the most depressing thing that ever happened to me. It was rainy, the alto section never sang, their school is so dark and gray... it made me want to sleep under a rock for the rest of my life. We didn't accomplish anything, at all.

We arrived back at home base around 4:30ish, spent a little time with my dad (who is usually home only on Saturdays), got ready for church and left. Whittier left me feeling all down so, I decided to dress up a little. After dawning on my "fierce" leather jacket and my best black pants, I made my way to HDC for church that evening. After driving a friend home, we stopped at a birthday party for a few minutes, which brightened my day. I have some great friends, I really do.

Sunday, sunday, sunday... I woke up very late to again find my dad already gone, my mom upset at something stupid he said and chores that needed to be done. All this stuff with my dad... it's not easy. It hurts, everyday. It makes me sad but, I have to pretend like it doesn't.

After finishing chores, the boy came for a visit that ended up lasting all day. We played basketball, football and just did some fun active things. It was nice to not only burn off a few of the calories from retreat and to not be judged in my chore/work out outfit but, it was really nice to just do something fun and active. He then retrieved dinner for us from our local gem of an Americanized Mexican restaurant, Baja Taco. He's basically the best. :)

Then, the night took a turn in a not so pleasant direction. Around midnight, my phone rang and the call was from "Restricted." Knowing full well it was a prank call, I was hoping it would at least be funny and worth my time. It wasn't. After being really annoying, they brought up something that literally ruined my entire. Just saying his name, and saying what they said, reduced me to tears. I cried myself to sleep that night replaying over and over my mind the image of all he did.

But! Today is a new day and with a link to this video that you really must see, I bid you ado! :)
http://www.zoomers.ca/video/video/show?id=2144522:Video:466337

Later bro,
Kyls. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry Kylie. I'll be praying for you. And I know we may not be super close but if you ever want to talk, I'll always listen. :) I know what it is like to feel hurt and have to put on a face to people that life is fine and dandy. I hope you week is a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete