Friday, February 18, 2011

"She's somebody's baby, she's somebody's baby girl."

I am home from choir retreat, and my heart is just as delighted as it is inquisitive.

Retreat was absolutely fantastic, from the snow to late-night Truth or Dare to being MommaBear to playing Psychiatrist, it made our group so much closer. As much as we did learn our music, we learned a lot about eachother and a lot about ourselves. I found myself laughing alongside a group of beautiful that are now my "cubs" and I am their Momma Bear and I love them all. We laughed, we giggled, we ate junk food... it was a blessing to become much closer to all of them.
Also, that night, our entire group was engaged in a completely random worship session. Zac and Joe just started playing, and after a while we all started singing... It was one of the best worship experiences of my life. I'm so blessed, so so blessed to have this awesome group of people that sits in a lovely, warm cabin, huddled by the fire and sings praise to God and the snow takes over outside. 

Then, the next afternoon, chorale went back home and Brioso was left up there to stay one more night, which was an absolute blast. I love Brioso very much. We played games, ate the most delicious dinner (thanks Mrs. Goodman!) and sat down on the couches and the floor and did a personality test Mrs. M had organized for us. This grouped you with people of common personality by color, and this revealed so much about myself to me and so much about others. It was amazing to see how people will view themselves and what we see of them. It also reminded me of how I treat people and the things I really need to fix. After some serious conversation, apologies, and cup of ice cream, we all sat down to play "Psychiatrist" where you have to act like someone else in the circle. This was HILARIOUS, as well as very telling. It was fantastic nonetheless.

Retreat left me with a closer group of friends, frozen toes, wet socks, better knowledge of our songs and a lot to think about. Speaking of, I really should probably get all my snowy clothes out of my bag... I really should just get everything out of my bag... Thank you, Jesus, for this retreat. <3

Later bro,
Kyls. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment