Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes, I forget how great it feels to smile.

On a different note:
It really frustrates when people always go back to their old ways. When they're so broken and yet they return to the very same thing that broke them in the first place.
What bugs me even more is that I'm totally guilty of this.

Humans are creatures of habit. Every person has a bad habit, a slight addiction... and I don't mean biting on their nails. We flourish in what we know, what is comfortable to us and we rarely ever long to be outside of that. When we get pulled out of an environment that's comfortable to us, we'll still be able to function, but we won't be able to do so without feeling miserable or out of place. Fish out of water much.

But you know what I've learned? Sometimes, it's really freakin' amazing to be a fish out of water. We always freak out, but after the smoke clears...shoot, this pond is pretty great. After the tide of misery and discomfort has ebbed, being uncomfortable will usually lead to adjustment. Adjustment means change. And whether you like it or not, change can really lead to some amazing things. That I promise you. Through our trials, we always need to have faith and hope, that's really what will get us through.
Smile on, it gets better. Trust me. I know. :)


All that to say, I am hopeful and happy and ready for some new adventures... and I'm really hungry.

Later bro,
Kyls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment