Monday, July 11, 2011

Back to reality.

Hume Lake 2011.
So far, the greatest week of my summer.
Here are a few pictures from my week at Hume Lake, the rest are on my Facebook.


Every year that I go to Hume Lake, I'm reminded of what an amazing place it truly is. Despite the bugs, the heat and the fact that it rained for two days, I have no complaints. The cabin I was in proved to have some challenges, but even that couldn't derail my week. 

From running around the in the pouring rain with Jasmine, getting muddy and then jumping in the lake fully clothed after Rec, some...interesting food, seeing friends from the previous year, even to getting dead last place on my Rec team, this was easily my favorite and my best year at Hume.

Spending time with my friends, getting to know others and just having so much fun were a huge part of my week at Hume Lake, but what made it incredible was the growth and the nearness that I felt this week. God broke me in a way that I never thought I'd experience. He finally broke down my walls and for the first time in a really long time, I feel close and encouraged and loved by the King. 

Our speaker was so incredible, almost every single message brought tears to my eyes. I felt as though he was talking to me, that he was speaking from my personal testimony. Even in his optional seminars, he struck such a chord with me and brought me to tears. 

The theme this year is All In. And for the first time, I am all in. I am determined and I am encouraged and I'm ready to really get serious. This week has really shown me how selfish I've been. I've been wearing the crown for too long and I make a really bad king. Like the Isrealites in 1 Samuel 8, I knew exactly the mess I'd make of the kingdom if I let anything other than God take the reigns, but I wanted to be king anyway. My lust for control, my pride and even a 2 to 3 year sin struggle have destroyed my kingdom and well, it's time for God to take control because well, I suck at this king thing.

So, it's about time I went All In. Because what really is the worst that could happen if I let God do His king thing? Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..."
Love = unconditional sacrifice.
Sacrifice = complete surrender.
God didn't send His only Son to get 90% of me. He sent all in return for all.

"When you go all in on God,
you will understand that He already went all in on you."
-Chris Brown. 
(our speaker for the week, not the artist. :P)


For more Hume pictures, check out my album on Facebook.

Later bro,
Kyls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment